Carol Coburn, Town Historian
Office Hours: By appointment (please call 585-733-4943)
Phone: (585) 617-6127 or (585) 594-8947
Fax: (585) 352-4590
Inquiries to Historian@ogdenny.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission Statement: The Historian is responsible for safeguarding the heritage of our community. Private citizens, students, visitors and community groups are encouraged to access documented history, participate in historical documentation and promote heritage tourism.
2016 Programs for Ogden Historical Society
Museums: The Spencerport Depot and Canal Museum is located along the south canal bank in the Village of Spencerport. Stop by and sit a spell in one of our comfortable rockers. We have free wifi available as well as computers for use at the site. If you are traveling through our lovely village on the Erie Canal, stop at the “Depot” to learn about our community and to take advantage of our shower and restroom facilities. Just click on "Trolley Depot" to find more information.
The Pulver House Museum is located at 568 Colby Street just west of Washington Street (Rte 36). It is an early 1800’s farmhouse museum with many collections including clothing, quilts, dental equipment, cameras, kitchen items, and tools. The museum is open on Sundays from 2-4PM from June through mid November.
Programs: The Historian is beginning an oral history program that will provide first-hand video-taped recollections by our own citizens. We are scheduling videotaping appointments at this time. Please call the Historian’s Office at 585-617-6127 or email the Historian at email@example.com to make an appointment to record your recollections of our town’s history. We are busily scheduling into September so it may take a few days to return your call to schedule an appointment.
Exciting Historical Programs are scheduled through out the year and are posted on the website calendar.
- Archival Photo Collections
- Association Of Public Historians of New York State
- Bibliography of books about Ogden / Spencerport
- Bibliography of books on how to care for heritage items and archival papers , including family heirlooms and records
- Bicentennial Page
- Colby / Pulver House Museum, Ogden Historical Society
- Government Apointed Historians of Western New York
- Landmark Society of Western New York
- News and Upcoming Events
- Ogden Farmer's Library, Local History Department
- Rochester Genealogical Society, Inc
- Rochester Public Library, Local History Section
- Spencerport Depot and Canal Museum
- Village of Spencerport Historian