The Zoning Board of Appeals has approval authority over requests for variances from the requirements of the Town Zoning Ordinance such as front, rear, and/or side setbacks, accessory structure square footage, decks in the front or side yards, height and location of fences, sign variances for commercial property’s, etc. The Zoning Board of Appeals is also responsible for the approval or denial of Use Variance requests and they hear other appeals on code interpretations.
Please be Advised.
The May 6, 2021 Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting is now full.
We are now accepting applications for the June 3, 2021 Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting.
Zoom Meeting Information
When logging in, please include your First and Last Name and wait for the host to start the meeting.
The Zoning Board of Appeals is a Board consisting of seven Town of Ogden residents who are appointed by the Town Board.
The Board normally meets on the first Thursday of the month at 7:00pm in the Main Meeting Room of the Town Hall located at 269 Ogden Center Road. The Meeting dates are subject to change and they will be posted at the meeting site and on the Town's web site. All Zoning Board of Appeals applications must be received by the date listed on the schedule below. The Zoning Board of Appeals secretary reserves the right to close the submittal deadline earlier than the posted date should the number of applications become excessive.
The applicant is required to provide 9 copies of the following to the Town Building Department:
- Zoning Board of Appeals Application (must be signed by the property owner if applicant is different)
- Survey Map noting requested structure placement, if applicable
- Drawing or photographs of requested variance issue (ie: sign, shed, fence, etc.)
- Any additional information that the applicant would like to present to the Board prior to the meeting
- All applications except area variances require a short form EAF (See link below)
Zoning Board of Appeals Secretary:
Zoning Board of Appeals Clerk: