Stormwater Management

Town of Ogden, Stormwater Contact
Daniel Wolf, Highway Superintendent & Commissioner of Public Works
Email Dan Wolf

  • WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A STORMWATER CONCERN- If you live in the Town of Ogden and you have a stormwater concern or complaint you should call our office at 585-617-6160. Our office wants to help in any way we can.  Please make sure to call with any questions, issues,  or concerns that you might have.

  • STORMWATER MANAGEMENT- Established in 2000, the Monroe County Stormwater Coalition is composed of 29 municipal members working together to reduce stormwater pollution. By collaborating, Coalition members are able to comply with state and federal regulations and improve water quality in a unified cost-effective manner.
  •  STORMWATER EDUCATION- Most people don't know they are living in a watershed. Every drop of precipitation that falls in Monroe County will eventually end up in a nearby waterbody. Stormwater runoff occurs when water from rain or snowmelt flows over the ground and is prevented from soaking into the ground naturally because of impervious surfaces such as driveways, sidewalks, and streets. As it flows, this water picks up debris and other pollutants that can have an adverse effect on water quality. Most suburban storm sewer systems discharge directly into the waterbodies we use for swimming, fishing, and drinking water. Polluted runoff is one of the nation's greatest threats to clean water. 
    • Sediment picked up by runoff can impact aquatic habitats.
    • Bacteria can enter swimming areas, create health hazards, and lead to beach closures.
    • Debris washed into waterbodies can harm aquatic life such as ducks, fish, turtles, and birds.
    • Household hazardous waste such as pesticides, insecticides, paint solvents, and auto fluids can also impact aquatic life. Animals and people can them become sick from eating contaminated fish or ingesting impacted water.
    • Stormwater runoff can also impact drinking water sources. This can raise the cost of water of treatment, and can affect human health.
  • STORMWATER COALITION JOINT ANNUAL REPORT- The Coalition's Joint Annual Report includes compliance activities that were accomplished during the reporting period and performance measures to evaluate overall effectiveness of each minimum control measure. Reportable activities specific to each coalition member may be obtained from the individual municipality. The public is encouraged to review these materials and provide comments to the Coalition staff or their respective member representative.