Nicole Dobson, Personnel Director
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Applications for non-competitive, seasonal, and laborer positions are available at the reception area of the Town Offices or by downloading the application here. Applications and resumes are kept active for a period of one year.
Employment with the Town of Ogden is governed by New York State Civil Service law, under the jurisdiction of Monroe County Civil Service. These laws require that the selection and promotion of employees be based on merit and fitness. The selection process is dictated by the classification of the position. Written examination, training, experience and review of an applicant's minimum qualifications are some of the methods used by Monroe County Civil Service to determine a candidate's suitability for a position. Additional information is available through Monroe County Civil Service.
The Town is an equal opportunity employer, complying with state and federal fair employment laws and regulations.
- Assistant Preschool Teacher - 4 year old program
- Before/After School Counselors
- Director of Finance
- Highway Seasonal Laborer
- Office Clerk II (provisional)
The Personnel Department's responsibilities include:
- Recruitment and selection of new employees
- Civil Service administration
- Benefits management
- Employee and Labor relations management
- Contract negotiations
- Personnel policy administration
- Workers' Compensation Claims handling