James Butera, CPA
Director of Finance
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (585) 617-6121
Fax: (585) 352-4590
Mission Statement: In a spirit of excellence, integrity, and dedication to service, the Finance Department is committed to providing timely, accurate, clear and complete information and support to other Town departments, citizens, and the community at large while supporting the strategic goals and objectives of the Town Board. The Department is responsible for providing accurate and timely information regarding the town's financial affairs while adhering to the principles of leadership, customer service, quality, integrity, teamwork, and collaboration. The department encourages personal and professional growth, and to this end, provides excellence to its customers.
The Finance Department maintains and preserves the Town's financial records and delivers support and other services to Town staff and outside agencies; and manages the Town's cash, investment and debt portfolios in compliance to New York state statutes, federal requirements, mandates and following generally accepted accounting principles. A brief listing of the responsibilities are as follows:
- All payroll related functions
- Manage accounts payable activities
- Manage the Town's banking account relationships and reconciliations
- Maintenance of the Town's debt portfolio
- Management of the Town's financial reporting
- Management of the general ledger
- Management of fixed asset system
- Manage the Town's risk control programs
- Manage the Town's computer infrastructure and telephony service
- 2021 Adopted Budget
- 2020 Audited Financial Statements
- 2020 Adopted Budget
- 2019 Audited Financial Statements
Town Board approves and remits payment of all invoices on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month. All invoices must be received by the Friday prior.