Information on Brush, Stumps & Bagged Leaf Pick-up Rules, Schedules and Quadrants
Due to insurance restrictions, the Town is not permitted to enter a private drive. Therefore, brush and bagged leaves cannot be picked up on privately owned drives. The brush and bagged leaves must be brought out to the end of the private drive (to the dedicated roadway) and all rules listed below as far as placement of the pile and bags must be followed.
As always, this year you are encouraged to compost your leaves. We recently received a letter from NYS Department of Environmental Conservation also encouraging the composting of all leaves. The letter further states that we cannot keep filling our landfills with yard waste such as leaves and grass clippings. It has now become a violation for some landfills to accept yard waste and it also takes up valuable space for waste that has no other recycling options.
Compost your yard waste! Click here for more information
NYSDEC WEB-SITE REGARDING COMPOSTING www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/8798.html
Brush and Bagged Leaf Pick-Up Rules
- DO have ALL brush, stumps & bagged leaves out to curbside by 7:00am the Monday of the week of your quadrant. Leaves must be bagged in biodegradable bags only in order to be picked up. Leaves in plastic bags or left in a pile on the ground will not be picked up. Plastic bags cannot be recycled and will not compost in our mulch pit.
- DO NOT place brush pile, stumps or bagged leaves where they will be a site distance problem for other motorists or your neighbors.
- Limbs should not be more than 6-8 feet in length.
- Brush and leaves that are in containers, trash cans or barrels will NOT be picked up.
- DO NOT place brush, stumps or bagged leaves on anyone's property except your for own.
- DO stack brush with the cut ends towards road.
- DO NOT place brush, stumps or bagged leaves in the roadway or on the road shoulder.
- DO NOT place stumps with brush or bagged leaves; stumps will be picked up separately.
- DO NOT place ANY other debris with brush pile, stumps or bagged leaves.
- DO NOT include brush or stumps from “lot clearing” or any construction activity. Only brush or leaves from 1-acre lots or less will be picked up.
- The Town does not pick up grass clippings.
- All stumps must be 90% free of all dirt and stones.
- Contractors are not permitted to bring in any stumps from another location. They will NOT be picked up.
- DO NOT place brush, stumps or bagged leaves under utility wires where our grapple truck cannot safely reach.
Brush, Stump and Bagged Leaf Pick-up Dates for 2013
|Week of JAN 7- Quad 1
||Week of MAY 6- Quad 1
||Week of SEPT 2- Quad 1|
|Week of JAN 14- Quad 2
||Week of MAY 13- Quad 2
||Week of Sept 9- Quad 2|
|Week of JAN 21- Quad 3
||Week of MAY 20- Quad 3
||Week of SEPT 16- Quad 3|
|Week of JAN 28 - Quad 4
||Week of MAY 27- Quad 4
||Week of SEPT 23- Quad 4|
|Week of FEB 4 - Quad 1
||Week of JUNE 3- Quad 1
||Week of OCT 7- Quad 1|
|Week of FEB 11 - Quad 2
||Week of JUNE 10- Quad 2
||Week of OCT 14- Quad 2|
|Week of FEB 18 - Quad 3
||Week of JUNE 17- Quad 3
||Week of OCT 21- Quad 3|
|Week of FEB 25 - Quad 4
||Week of JUNE 24- Quad 4
||Week of OCT 28- Quad 4|
|Week of MAR 4- Quad 1
||Week of JULY 1- Quad 1
||Week of NOV 4- Quad 1|
|Week of MAR 11- Quad 2
||Week of JULY 8- Quad 2
||Week of NOV 11- Quad 2|
|Week of MAR 18 Quad 3
||Week of JULY 15 -Quad 3
||Week of NOV 18- Quad 3|
|Week of MAR 25- Quad 4
||Week of JULY 22- Quad 4
||Week of NOV 25- Quad 4|
|Week of APR 1- Quad 1
||Week of AUG 5- Quad 1
||Week of DEC 2- Quad 1|
|Week of APR 8- Quad 2
||Week of AUG 12- Quad 2
||Week of DEC 9- Quad 2|
|Week of APR 15- Quad 3
||Week of AUG 19- Quad 3
||Week of DEC 16- Quad 3|
|Week of APR 22- Quad 4
||Week of AUG 26- Quad 4
||Week of DEC 23- Quad 4|
*Click on each quadrant link for a listing of all roadways located within each quadrant
Southern boundary is Westside Drive, north to Brower Road & Shepard Road, west boundary is Route 259 &, east is Manitou Road. (Includes Ogden side of Manitou Road & Westside Drive as well as both sides of Route 259 to the Highway facility.) QUADRANT 2:
Northern boundary is Ogden Parma T. L. Road, southern boundary is Shepard and Brower Roads, west is Route 259, east is Manitou Road. (Includes both sides of Route 259 from the Highway facility to Route 531.QUADRANT 3:
Southern boundary is Route 531, northern boundary is Ogden Parma T. L. Road, west is Gallup Road, east is Route 259. (Includes Gallup Road ,east side only, and both sides of Route 31, east to Route 259.) (Both sides of 259 from Rt. 531 to Ogden Parma Townline Road.)QUADRANT 4:
Northern boundary is Route 31, southern boundary is the Ogden side of Westside Drive, west is Ogden Sweden T.L. Road, east is Route 259, DOES NOT include Route 31 or Route 259.) Still have questions about brush, stump or leaf pickup? Click here to send us your question.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAP BY QUADRANTS